How will the Programme support you?
- Direct support from the Connect team to fully define your needs and opportunities for growth.
- Access to a range of suitable innovation and Indian enterprises who are keen to explore partnership with you.
- Travel grants of up to US$2,500 to allow you to visit potential partners in India.
- Dedicated one-to-one support to find and build a relationship with a prospective partner.
- Tailored advice, guidance and support to broker an appropriate partnership arrangement (be it a licensing agreement, franchise, joint venture or other).
- Technical assistance and financial support up to US$50,000 towards the cost of implementing a pilot venture in the South Asian or sub-Saharan African country.
- Advice, guidance and support to raise money to scale up successful pilot ventures.
- Opportunity to link with a range of intermediaries who may boost the partnership’s prospects (from foundations, government, investors, associations, NGOs, Multi-Nationals, or other).
- Opportunities for wider promotion and marketing..
Key partnership considerations
- Proposal must be for formal, mutually beneficial partnerships where the Indian Enterprise will add value and promote innovation, and the South Asian or African enterprise will bring local expertise and market knowledge.
- Connect to Grow will not support proposals for partnerships which are simply designed for the Indian Enterprise to set up their own operations in South Asia or sub-Saharan Africa.
- Enterprises must be ambitious, entrepreneurial and well-managed, with some available resource to invest in developing a partnership.
- Partners must be aiming to set up a venture together in South Asia or sub-Saharan Africa which is designed to be commercially viable, that is, not reliant on grant funding.
- Enterprises may be from any sector, but partnership proposals must justify how they improve people’s health or agricultural prospects, particularly the poor.
- Proven innovation from India must be diffused to the enterprise in south Asia or Africa.
PLEASE NOTE: The registration phase of Connect to Grow is now complete. The programme has reached the full quota of businesses it can support and is, therefore, no longer accepting new enterprises on the programme. if you would still like to browse our enterprise marketplace and connect with registered enterprises, then click here.