About this Hub
The Practitioner Hub is an online platform that is all about ‘inclusive business’- business models that combine commercial and social return. The Practitioner Hub provides practical information plus insight and good practice for practitioners and facilitators of inclusive business.
The mission of the Practitioner Hub is to support the effective implementation of inclusive business. It does this by focusing on two key pillars:
- Providing a gateway to information and resources on inclusive business
- Offering insight, analysis and good practice guidance
Click on the Explore the Practitioner Hub tabs below to learn about what we offer under each pillar.
How are we different?
We’re not just another website on business in development. We focus on what’s practical – the nuts and bolts of inclusive business. Most of the resources you’ll find here are firmly rooted in on-the-ground experience of key stakeholders in this space, from entrepreneurs to investors and other facilitative organisations (many of whom are ongoing Hub partners). Our aim is to be a repository of resources and provide in-depth information and analysis on key themes and subjects that is useful for those working in this space.
Sign up to get our newsletters for free
While anyone can browse the pages and download resources, you can get much more by signing up and joining the Hub community. Joining is free and will allow you to:
- Receive our monthly series straight to your email inbox,
- Receive webinar invitations and updates on other major opportunities in the sector
- Post a blog,
- Leave comments on blogs.
Explore the Practitioner Hub
- Explore our database of over 1,400 publications on Search Inclusive Business
- Learn about the businesses themselves on our database of businesses (at the moment only available in beta version for the Asia region)
- Search for organisations that provide financial and technical support to inclusive business (in beta version but growing)
- Explore the range of inclusive business activity in the Asia region through micro site Inclusive Business in Asia
- Discover what is going on in the sector at global events
- Dig deep into the key issues with our Know-How themes, covering topics such as partnerships in inclusive business, engaging smallholders, and last mile distribution.
- Read our blogs section from practitioners around the world and contribute yourself
- Explore a specific theme in our catalogue of monthly series
- Tap into tools, checklists and case studies from practitioners to grow your venture
- Our Editor’s choice reviews and summarises the latest publications available, with a top pick each month
- Hear from practitioners themselves in our interviews
- Ask questions and get involved in our series of webinars
- Learn about how the Asian Development Bank’s extensive inclusive business portfolio and its knowledge and advocacy work
- Access the latest from the Inclusive Business Action Network
- Find out how Connect to Grow is helping enterprises innovate and grow through partnership
- Looking for practical services to support inclusive business entrepreneurs and investors? Join the Inclusive Business Accelerator
Our History and Evolution
The Practitioner Hub for Inclusive Business was created by DFID’s Business Innovation Facility (BIF) in 2010 as a platform to share experience in inclusive business and share lessons from the programme. Sida’s Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) programme joined as a co-host in 2011. When those programmes ended, Ashley Insight committed to keep the Hub running. Since July 2014, Ashley Insight has hosted and funded the Hub, in partnership with a range of organisations that have generated or sponsored new content, particularly the Inclusive Business Action Network and the Inclusive Business team of the Asian Development Bank. Since November 2016 Ashley Insight and the Inclusive Business Action Network started collaborating more closely on developing the Hub into an upgraded inclusive business platform. Visit our partners page to find out more.